Canon RF 5.2mm F2.8 L DUAL FISHEYE 180° VR lens (5554C005)SKU: 1000010590
RF Mount / For EOS R5/R5C/R8 / Dual 190° view field / Filter holder
Canon RF 5.2mm F2.8 L DUAL FISHEYE 180° VR lens (5554C005AA)
Capture the world in virtual reality thanks to the RF 5.2mm F2.8L DUAL FISHEYE; a stereoscopic L-series RF lens capable of capturing super-sharp content that – with the rest of Canon’s EOS VR SYSTEM, including a camera and software solution – transforms footage into a breathtaking visual experience. The compact, single mount design simplifies quick camera setups for professional stereoscopic 180° VR capture when using compatible high resolution, Full Frame, RF mount cameras, such as the EOS R5¹. Featuring two offset circular fisheye lenses which are synchronised to record side-by-side images onto a single Full Frame sensor, use Canon’s powerful EOS VR Utility²/plug-in² to seamlessly process for final edit, with no additional stitching required.
- Designed for compatible high resolution, Full Frame, RF mount cameras, such as the EOS R5¹
- Simplifies 180° VR setup and capture in a compact form, enabling VR content creators to create immersive, 3D virtual reality film, still, and timelapse experiences
- Featuring a dual 190° field of view from two forward-facing fisheye lenses, the RF 5.2mm F2.8L DUAL FISHEYE is a stereoscopic 180° VR lens that utilises two UD elements per lens to correct for aberrations plus Canon’s special SWC coatings to reduce ghosting and flare
- The RF 5.2mm F2.8L DUAL FISHEYE lens performs superbly in low light thanks to a fast f/2.8 aperture with accurately synchronised exposure and precise aperture control via a dual Electro Magnetic Diaphragm (EMD) design
- Because it’s an L-series lens, the RF 5.2mm F2.8L DUAL FISHEYE is built for professional use. It is dust and splash resistant and features fluorine coatings to repel water and dirt on the lens surface
- A rear-mounted gelatin filter holder for pre-cut ND gels can be used to help precisely control light levels when in use on 180° VR video productions
- Needs to be used in conjunction with Canon’s powerful EOS VR Utility²/plug-in² to seamlessly process for final edit in Adobe Premiere Pro, with no additional stitching required for an efficient workflow
¹ May require a firmware update.
² A subscription service will allow access to the more professional features/codecs and conversion of longer movie clips, while more basic features, shorter movie lengths up to two minutes and stills can be processed for free.
- EOS R5
- EOS R5 C
- EOS R8
- RF 5.2mm F2.8L DUAL FISHEYE Lens
- Lens Cap 5.2
- Soft lens case LS1014
- Hexagon wrench / key
- Lens Dust Cap RF
- User Manual Kit
- Camera shown is not included
Technical Specifications see download section.